Skip to main content
Ontario Tech acknowledges the lands and people of the Mississaugas of Scugog Island First Nation.

We are thankful to be welcome on these lands in friendship. The lands we are situated on are covered by the Williams Treaties and are the traditional territory of the Mississaugas, a branch of the greater Anishinaabeg Nation, including Algonquin, Ojibway, Odawa and Pottawatomi. These lands remain home to many Indigenous nations and peoples.

We acknowledge this land out of respect for the Indigenous nations who have cared for Turtle Island, also called North America, from before the arrival of settler peoples until this day. Most importantly, we acknowledge that the history of these lands has been tainted by poor treatment and a lack of friendship with the First Nations who call them home.

This history is something we are all affected by because we are all treaty people in Canada. We all have a shared history to reflect on, and each of us is affected by this history in different ways. Our past defines our present, but if we move forward as friends and allies, then it does not have to define our future.

Learn more about Indigenous Education and Cultural Services


Young professionals in an office



How can I learn more about the university’s research services? 

Learn more about our commitment to transforming innovative ideas into real solutions through scholarship and research by visiting  Research Services. You will find partnership information regarding research projects, funding and commercialization activities.


Does the university have intellectual property (IP) or commercialization opportunities? 

Yes, and we are actively seeking partners in this area. Visit the IP offerings section found on the Research Services website for information on IP and our current commercialization opportunities.




How can I recruit a recent graduate? 

Please visit the Career Centre website for information on hiring a recent graduate.    


How can I hire a student?

There are many options for hiring a student with detailed information available on the Experiential learning web page. In addition, the Career Centre website provides information on advertising employment opportunities for students.


How can I leverage student talent within my organization? 

There are many ways to access student talent, including practicums, placements, co-ops, internships, capstone projects and research projects. Detailed information can be found on the Experiential learning web page.




How can I donate to the university? 

Information on donating to the university can be found on our Ways to give web page or by contacting Advancement.


As an alumnus/alumna, how can I continue my involvement with the university? 

Please contact the Alumni Association, which ensures that our global alumni community feels connected and supported through programs and services that promote lifelong success and alma mater pride. More information is also available on the Alumni website.


How can I donate a piece of equipment to the university?

Please contact Advancement to discuss an equipment donation.




Does the university offer corporate training or programs that can help me upskill my workforce?

The university offers corporate training through Continuous Learning, which supports individuals or organizations looking to meet the competitive challenges of today’s dynamic corporate environment and acquire the knowledge and skills required to drive their businesses to the next level. You can enrol in a workshop or certificate program, or access customized training solutions tailored to the needs and culture of your organization.


I am a reporter looking for comment from the university. Whom should I contact? 

Please visit the Expert Centre and/or our Faculty experts web page. If you are not able to locate a subject matter expert, please contact


How can I become a university supplier?

Please visit the university’s Procurement web page for information on becoming a university supplier and details on accessing current bid opportunities.


Does the university offer space for public events? 

Contact Campus Conference Services to discuss your event requirements and obtain information about accessing our buildings, facilities and outdoor spaces. Please call 905.721.3164 or email